Using Shopping Cart
If a product is available in various sizes, to add larger sizes to your order, please click on the size selection window. Once you click on it (if it shows both up/down arrows - that other sizes are available) the options will show and you can choose the one you want. Take a look here:
Where does FERLOW BOTANICALS ship to?
We ship within Canada via Canada Post and USA via USPS (thru Canada Post). Unfortunately, we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes at this time and are unable to send packages to international countries* or destinations via the online shopping cart. Learn more about shipping. (USA is the 48 adjoining States including Hawaii and Alaska)
Remember... if you want to get your hands on our products right away visit one of our retailers - call us for the one nearest you.
Call toll-free 1-888-747-6247 or email us at email@example.com if you want to order from outside of Canada/USA. We can arrange it manually.
Can I Pick Up my Order from Ferlow Botanicals ?
Yes, on-line orders can be picked up at our manufacturing facility in Vancouver Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm. Please complete your online purchase before arriving at the warehouse.
Unit 5, 8385 St.George St
When you go through the check out process, fill in your 'Shipping address' information - you will get the option to select 'pick-up' on the next page after you have hit the blue 'Continue to shipping method' button.
Under 'Shipping method' select the button Customer Warehouse Pick-up.
How do I track my order?
When your order is shipped from our warehouse, we will send you an email to confirm your shipment - this email will include a tracking number and link to enable you to track your package.
Purchases and returns
How do I change or cancel my order?
We do not normally accept order cancellations or changes once an order has been processed. If you have a question about your order, please contact us at 1.888.747.6287 and quote your order number.
Where can I find the nearest FERLOW BOTANICALS retailer?
We are rapidly expanding throughout Canada. Please call 1.888.747.6287 for the retailer nearest you. If there are no locations near you, FERLOW BOTANICALS (phone and web) will be pleased to deliver your order right to your door.
I have a question about a product I purchased in a retail store…
If you have a question about a product you purchased in a retail store, please call or visit the store where you made the purchase or call us toll free 1.888.747.6287 and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I return my order?
FERLOW BOTANICALS wants you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return a product, please contact Customer Care at 1.888.747.6287 to obtain a return authorization and receive further instructions. Learn more about returning orders.
Who do I contact if I'm having technical difficulties with the website?
If you are having difficulty placing an order online, or experiencing other problems with the website, call Customer Care at 1.888.747.6287 or email email@example.com.
I've forgotten my password and can't login to my account - what do I do?
Click on the "Forgot your password?" link, then enter your e-mail address and
instructions on how to reset your password will be sent to you.
Does FERLOW BOTANICALS offer free product samples?
We frequently include product samples when we ship purchased items. Sample size products are also available to purchase at nominal cost for many of the items we manufacture. In general, if you don't see a sample size listed in the online store it is not available.
Does FERLOW BOTANICALS have a newsletter? How do I sign-up?
FERLOW BOTANICALS sends out e-news on occasion. Our emails include exclusive offers, product announcements, events and helpful skin and hair care advice.
Once you setup an account in the online store you can opt-in or opt-out of receiving newsletters to your email at any time.
Rest assured FERLOW BOTANICALS will not share your contact information with third parties.
What is FERLOW BOTANICALS mailing address?
FERLOW BOTANICAL ENTERPRISES LTD.
8385 ST. GEORGE STREET, Unit 5
VANCOUVER, BC V6P 6S3
(as of October 2016 use this address for all mailings, the old postal box address is no longer used)
- I notice some products are listed as "traditionally used as..." when I know it can be used for other things? Answer: Most NPN registered products are registered for specific uses. Ask your health care professional about using products for other ailments/conditions not listed.
- How long do your products last? Answer: It varies but most personal care products are manufactured with up to 24month expiry date. As mentioned we manufacture fresh in small batches. Some products like hemp oil are less as these are meant to be consumed fresh and must be kept refrigerated. We always rotate our stock so you'll never receive outdated product. Tinctures have up to 10yr expiry.
- Could I be allergic to some of your products? Answer: It's possible. Even products made with clean ingredients can cause an allergic response. For instance citrus allergies - those consumers can't use products containing lemon or sweet orange, etc. It doesn't say anything about the quality of the products. If you do have an allergic reaction, please discontinue use of the product and let us know right away.
- Why do you use mostly plastic packaging? Answer: there are a number of products where we use glass packaging (ie. essential oils, tincture extracts) but for those that don't we use plastic packaging that can be easily recycled. Plastic vs glass is a complicated subject but if we keep it simple, plastic is lighter weight which keeps down shipping costs. Breakage is minimal as plastic is more durable than glass. Manufacturing a plastic container uses fractions of the energy required to blow glass containers. So it boils down to less shipping costs for you, less breakage for both of us, and overall less environmental energy footprint. Having said that we do keep our eyes open for new packaging technology.
- Why do some cream jars have a "7" recycling number on the bottom? Answer: "7" is unfortunately a broad recycling category referred to as "other plastics" - some consumers think this is a "bad" category but that's not the case. These are not necessarily bad or unrecyclable products. For instance on a few types of plastic jars the "7" refers to two different types of plastic that make up the jar. There is actually an inner liner and an outer skin. One is made from PS (polystyrene) which is a #6 on it's own, the other from PP (polypropylene) which is a #5 on it's own. It's difficult but when empty you can separate the two from each other. Finished plastic assemblies that are comprised of one or more types of plastics are labeled a "7". Oddly the jar manufacturer has some jars that are a "5" and have no reasoning why they have both types. Most of the white plastic bottles such as 60ml/250ml/1L are made from high density polyethylene which is easily recyclable and a #2.
NEW In the start of 2017 we will be transitioning some of the products into cosmetic soft tubes. In comparison to hdpe bottles, each tube will use even less plastic. They are also fully recyclable.
- What kind of shipping filler do you use in the shipping boxes? Answer: Sometimes we use recycled paper fill and/or we use RENATURE® 100% biodegradable peanuts made from an annually renewable starch raw material (potato and wheat starch). They disintegrate quickly when in contact with water or other liquid. We don't use styrofoam fill.
- Do you recycle in your facility? Answer: Yes of course. We have separate paper/cardboard recycling. Food waste goes into a green bin. Plastics and metals are dropped off at our local recycling facility. We re-use cardboard boxes from our suppliers as much as possible and recycle the remainder.
What is Ferlow Botanicals doing for green initiatives? Answer: We have retrofitted the lighting in our facility to energy-saving electronic ballasts/bulbs with a program from BC Hydro via www.itsonelectric.com . There are stickers on all light switches showing the power consumption and encourage everyone to shut lights off when they're not needed. During cooler weather we recycle waste heat from our steam generator which provides us distilled water and steam process heat. Unfortunately due to our building lease restrictions (no roof access) we can't put solar panels on the roof. Personally, we have more than 12kw gridtie solar panels, solar domestic hot water system, experimental wind turbine and dabble in biofuel. We hope our green energy initiatives have inspired others to do the same.